FREE to be Me ...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Jacob Free

So... Jake is in Canada for business this week. He goes about once a month for meetings or training. (Any place from Texas to Washington D.C. ) Whenever I find out when the next one is, I think about the awesomeness of these opportunities. For him to be experiencing all these open doors. The way it is creating options for us and blessings abundant. There is so much to absorb, and I especially admire the way he does it. Observing. He always learns. And it is not only about the plasma business. It is sometimes about people. Sometimes even about himself. If said lessons are tried and proven they find their way into our home and into my understanding as well. Knowledge applied increases his job-skills and, from my point of view, his charm :)

I guess this is a sort of tribute to the process of learning through experience. Whether mine or his, that we are both affected by it...

But today I am stumped, and my gratitude slightly stifled. Trouble is - In order for either of us to gain the experience, extract the lessons, share the knowledge, and apply the principle... we have to be apart. A length of time - sometimes a minuscule length while I stay late at work, but other times quite a duration. This week for instance, is almost a full week. That feels substantial to me. I have no doubt it is in our best interest, that the positive aspects are the significant majority. AND in contrast, I know that we could not possibly tolerate spending every second of every day together. So how is it, and why is it (with these numerous and almost unanimous facts of validation) that I find a feeling of un-satisfaction? The feeling of missing him :)

And my poetic description of said feeling:
Where he used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night!

He'll be back. Leave again and return again. The patterns and blessings I've come to recognize.
The longer it is since you see a person, the closer it is to the next time you see them... But I just wanted to put it out there. Missing my Jacob Free. It's the prominent winner of today's intellectual battle. I fought a good fight. ( Did I win? hahaha)

Oh, and I was also thinking... it is kind of cool how being away from someone you are normally around (or having something upset the routine) can bring out what matters to you. It almost puts things in sequence of level of importance....

"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." ~Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld,








posted by Jake and RaNette Free at 8:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home