FREE to be Me ...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"SLOW FADE"

Oh be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little eyes what you see

This is the very end of a song called "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns. There it was on the radio when I was in the middle of my commute. A little girl sang this part and I thought about our world through the eyes of a child. I thought of all the things they don't understand. (Let's be honest, most days I still feel like that little kid who understands nothing.) I came home later and watched the music video that goes with it. You should check it out. Not because it is the most uplifting music video you will ever see, but it does put some perspective on our choices. It seems that the little kid inside of each of us can always feel what is right even if they don't really know WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!!! Sometimes I am so busy screaming this in my mind that I don't listen to that happy little girl who would instinctively do the right things. Who would give a simple answer like "Be careful little eyes what you see" or "Be careful little lips what you say" or "Be careful little feet where you go." And if we would take the time to ask ourselves ---- why? we would know that it is because our "Father up above is looking down in love."

Click on this link and listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8SYA6rfbs
posted by Jake and RaNette Free at 12:21 PM

1 Comments:

I think that's the best answer to do or not to do anything in life... because our Father in Heaven love us, and we love him. Although there are many little reasons we can add to that... that should be our motivation in life. Love. Love that stretches into eternity.

It's hard sometimes to step back from the world and gain that perspective. I suppose it's something that takes a lifetime of learning to really be able to do.

Thanks for this post. :) It was my inspiration for the day.

May 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home