FREE to be Me ...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

THE "OTHER" ROAD

Do you ever wonder.... What was on that "other road" ?

Do you ever wonder about the other path in life, the road not taken, the choices in life that could have changed everything as you know it? Was it perhaps just a different way to get to the same place? - a more confusing way - a simpler way ? Or would it lead somewhere else entirely? - more crossroads - destinations far from where you are? .... At least it provides an entertaining subject to reflect upon.


I usually don't think much about what might have been (usually because I am more worried about where I want to go and if
I will make it. ) Also because my current path is one I am happy to be on, and I am grateful for whatever series of choices I made that brought me here.

.... But then I stumble across "The Road Not Taken," and I begin to remember. I first read the poem when I was in a high-school English class. Words that once made an impact, can return to us perhaps when we need it most.

Here's "The Road Not Taken":

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long
I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perh
aps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

"And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if
I should ever come back.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."


Maybe, bac
k then, when there was a choice to be determined I thought about where I am now. I think I hoped I would be here.

DO YOU LOOK BACK? ...... TO WHAT??? ..... "THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED BY"?
IS IT WIT
H A SMILE OR A SIGH?.....




posted by Jake and RaNette Free at 11:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home